AN ONLINE ATTENTION AUTISM TRAINING PROGRAMME FOR PROFESSIONALS
7.5 HOURS OF LIVE TRAINING WITH GINA DAVIES
In this series of six workshops, we will cover all 4 stages of the Attention Autism Programme, discuss the ideas behind it and use real-life examples to show exactly how and why it works.
You will learn how to connect, get focused attention, keep it, share it and use it to develop communication, interaction and group learning skills..
“Gina’s enthusiasm is so exuberant. She is an excellent teacher. She motivates you to give anything a go.” – Emma
IN THIS COURSE WE WILL COVER THE FOLLOWING
- Understanding the ideas that drive the Attention Autism programme
- Getting the child’s attention, keeping it, sharing it and using it
- Building understanding and confidence in getting the message
- Developing communication and spontaneous expression
- Individualising sessions for each child
- Creating activities that are worth communicating about and inspire learning
- Creating sessions that everyone enjoys and remembers
HOW IT WORKS
The training has 2 main elements;
- 6 live 75 minutes workshops
- feedback and coaching on 2 films of the programme sent by attendees — these films do not have to include children.
Completion of all elements of the course is necessary before a certificate is awarded.
The training is spread over 6 live, 75 minutes sessions with Gina Davies, so you can get the programme into action between workshops. We will cover all 4 stages of the Attention Autism programme, illustrated with supporting videos and live activity demonstrations.
We ask you to send us videos as you try the Stages of the programme so we can coach you individually and give feedback. The films sent during the course do not have to include children, if they do parental permission is necessary. In this way we are looking to support you as individuals as you get ready to apply the programme with the children.
THE COURSE STRUCTURE
The course will consist of 6 sessions, spread over 3 weeks.
- An introduction to the ideas that drive Attention Autism
- Understanding how attention develops
- Involving the team
- Getting practical and ready to set up a session.
- Starting the Attention Autism Programme
- Introducing Stage 1, The Bucket
- Modelling talking to increase the chance of spontaneous communication
- Ideas and resources
- Sorting the practicalities and differentiation to meet the needs of each child
- Working out when you are ready for the next stage in the programme
- Introducing Stage 2
- Getting our communication on track
- Using words to label things, make comments and develop understanding
- Building vocabulary
- Ideas and resources
- Tackling any problems and sharing successes!
- Holding the boundaries cheerfully
- Using voice and sounds to create successful communication for both verbal and non-verbal children
- More about communication and how to encourage understanding and spontaneous expression
- The role of fun and fascination in inspiring a love of learning
- Ideas for games and activities.
- Getting the practice in and enjoying sessions
- Using fun and laughter to help with frustrations and confusions
- Starting Stage 3
- Understanding how shifting attention can lead to successful turn taking
- Ideas and resources
- More Stage 3
- Creating games
- Stage 4 and running an Attention Autism session with all 4 stages
- Understanding how to use the strategies learnt so far across the day
- Working through the things that might go wrong and staying on track
- Keeping going!
HOW MUCH IT COSTS
This course is available at a cost of £295.00 per person, and is limited to 25 places to give each person the space they need to be heard.
The workshop is live via Zoom and therefore only available at the specified times. Please check your diaries to ensure you’re free
Specific details on how to access the programme will be made available on booking.
SEE YOU ONLINE!
So book your place now, jump on a Zoom and work with us live each week as we create an irresistible invitation to learn with your child.
The course can only be booked and paid for online using the booking system.
Use the sidebar to book or click HERE for details on all our courses.
Look forward to seeing you online and yes, there will be buckets!